Before qualifying as a personal trainer and massage (both Sports and Swedish) therapist, I was an officer in the Royal Navy and a chartered accountant.
Not being somebody who likes to be bored and always being up for a new challenge, over the last ten years I have embarked on a career as an exercise class teacher; personal trainer and massage therapist. A decision I certainly don’t regret!
I enjoy getting to know new people, being out of doors and generally being active but I also love food and drink and believe that it is possible to have a balance between the two. I enjoy setting myself challenges and have just completed my Stott Pilates Matwork Course and am currently working towards my exam for formal Certification. I have also finished my Level 4 Qualification in Exercise and Nutritional Inventions for Obesity and Diabetes and also a Level 3 Qualification in GP Exercise Referral. This allows me to work with clients with a wide range of illnesses ranging from high blood pressure or high cholesterol to depression and anxiety.
Are functional training (exercise based on everyday movements); the use of exercise in managing lower back pain and massage (Sports and Swedish). I also love training with kettlebells, boxercise, TRX, medicine balls and VIPrs. I primarily work from my home studio in Park Gate, near Fareham.
- Premier Master Trainer in Corrective Exercise
- Level 4 Specialist Instructor in Exercise for the Management of Low Back Pain and Obesity and Diabetes
- Level 3 Premier Diploma in Advanced Personal Training and GP Exercise Referrals
- Level 3 Premier Diploma in Ante and Post Natal Training
- Level 4 Diploma in Sports Massage and Level 3 Diploma in Swedish Massage and Hot Stones Massage Certificate
- Level 2 Gym Instructor and Exercise to Music Instructor
- Completion of Stott Pilates Matwork course
- Qualified instructor in Schwinn Indoor Cycling, Boxercise, Kickboxercise, Circuit Training, Core Stability, Bodycore Vibration Machines, Advanced Kettlebell Trainer, Viprs and Medicine balls.
- First Aid qualified and fully insured.
I am a member of the Sports Massage Association at Level 4; Sports Therapy Organisation and Federation of Holistic Therapists. I am also listed on the National Register of Personal Trainers and on the Register of Exercise Professional (REPS) at Level 4.
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 GP Referral
- Level 4 Personal Trainer
- Mat Based Pilates
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Massage Therapist
- Suspension Training
- Lower Back Pain